An Experiement in trying to simplify my life



Sunday, November 11, 2012

Breakfast in the Freezer

Because I work graveyard shift and then go to school in the morning I have a difficult time eating properly. Especially in between work and class. Not eating makes class difficult, but who has time to run across town, cook breakfast and then drive all the way back across town in an hour. Or have the funds to eat out all the time. Certainly not me. I also just don't like fast food that much. What to do about this problem, well I found the answer on Pinterest. Make your own pancakes, waffles, french toast Toasters (onegoodthingbyjillee). She has a bunch of other ideas for things you can freeze to make life a little easier. Be sure to check them out.

Well I now have this great idea about freezing left over breakfast items. I had also found some great recipes I wanted to try out for pumpkin french toast and pumpkin pancakes. I promise to do a post with the recipes for these. I have a few pumpkin recipes I want to share.

Now there are several breakfast items in the freezer. Pumpkin french toast and regular french toast. Pumpkin pancakes and breakfast scrambles.

Breakfast Scramble (snackinginthekitchen)
1 lb. cooked breakfast sausage
1 can diced green chile
1 dozen eggs
1 c. shredded cheddar

After cooking the sausage mix everything in a bowl. Pour into greased muffin pan. Top with cheese. Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes. (you can test it with a toothpick to see if the eggs are cooked) You can use bacon or ham if you prefer. Reheat thoroughly in the microwave. About 90 seconds.

1 comment:

  1. I just attended a mini-class at church where a woman shared that she makes muffins for breakfast. She mixes the batter and then puts them in the muffin cups. And then? FREEZES them. Freezes the batter sitting in the muffin cups. Then, she gets up in the morning, throws it in the oven while she gets ready for her day and has a yummy muffin for breakfast. She said it just adds like 10 minutes to the bake time. Neat, isn't it!?

    ReplyDelete