An Experiement in trying to simplify my life



Friday, April 4, 2014

Superhero Crocheted Blanket

After having a great success with the Christmas presents I made for my niece and nephew their father informed me that they needed blankets to go with the pillows I made them. I made my nephew Scott a pillow with one side being Captain America's shield and the other side looking like Iron Man. I told my brother there was no way I was making blankets. I think I meant it when I said it. And yet, it turned out that was not the case. I found an awesome website The Happy Hooker Blog. The lady had a lot of Marvel and DC hero logos already graphed out and for free. But to make a decent sized blanket I had to create a few patterns myself.

So here is the finished top For Scotty's Christmas present this year. I am seriously happy with how it turned out.

I ended up creating four more patterns to finish off my blanket. I did Hawkeye, Black Widow, S.H.I.E.L.D. and a different Spiderman. The patterns are the same size as the ones from the Happy Hooker Blog (50x50).

Hawkeye

Black Widow

Spiderman

 S.H.I.E.L.D.
I did them all using tunisian crochet. The only downfall to that method is that I have to back the blanket. I don't quilt. But I managed.

Please feel free to using these patterns. But remember that they are free for use so do not sell them. I have no affiliation with Marvel Comics. These are just my interpretations of these superhero logos.

No comments:

Post a Comment