An Experiement in trying to simplify my life



Sunday, July 28, 2013

Crochet projects

I am an on again off again crocheter. Quite honestly I get bored and well am easily distracted when it comes to crafting. But the other day I came across this awesome looking afghan pattern. So I thought I would give it a whirl. Here is the link for the original pattern Stained Glass Afghan. Easy and fast which is perfect for me. The afghan I made is considerably smaller because I didn't have a Q hook. I used a P hook. But it made a great lap blanket, nice and warm and I only used one string instead of two like it says to use. Here is mine/

I loved the stitch so much that I decided to make some fingerless gloves with it. The plan was to make them for me but it doesn't stretch very much so it ended up fitting my 3 year old niece. At least it has inspired birthday presents. Here is what the gloves look like on two of my nieces. Got a few more to make.







I used I Love This Yarn: Metallic yarn to make them and a size P hook.
Here is the pattern I came up with:

Chain 16
Row 1- sc in each chain. Ch 1, turn. Repeat for Rows 2-5.
Row 6- Keeping all lps on hook, draw up a lp in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across; Figure 1. There are the same number of lps on hook as were chained.



To Work Lps Off: Yo hook and through first lp, * yo hook, pull through next 2 lps, repeat from * across until 1 lp remains; Figure 2. Lp that remains on hook always counts as first st of next row.



Row 7: Keeping all lps on hook, sk first vertical bar, pull up a lp under next vertical bar and under each vertical bar across; Figure 3. Work lps off as before. Repeat row 2 for afghan stitch.

Row 8-14- repeat Row 7. 

To Finish- Slip stitch the top 2 rows together, skip two rows to leave a hole for the thumb. Slip stitch the rest of the glove and finish off.

As soon as I figure out a pattern for an adult size I will post it. For now I am working on a second blanket using the Q hook. I should have it done later this week, I also intend to make hats and scarves to go with the gloves for my nieces and a Captain America themed set for my nephew. Pics will follow. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment