An Experiement in trying to simplify my life



Saturday, July 13, 2013

My Veggie Garden

I am super thrilled with my veggie garden this year. It looks like it is going to be very productive. In fact I just made my first harvest. Several tomatoes and some green chili. I did try something new this year and mostly it is working. I put several of my plants in 5 gallon buckets. The only plants that seem to be struggling are the tomatoes. They just seem to need more water than the tomato plants that are in the ground. But the chili plants, the bell pepper plants, cucumbers, peas and green beans all seem to be thriving in the buckets. And hey that means less crawling around in the dirt for me. So my veggie garden consists of sugar snap peas, green beans, cucumbers and pickling cucumbers (a new one for me. I really hope I get to try my hand at making pickles). Green bell peppers, green chili, early girl and big boy tomatoes, black cherry tomatoes, corn (also a new veggie for me), yellow watermelon (my sweet red watermelon died) and potatoes (aslo new). In the previous post about the flower garden one of the tiers is all herbs. apple mint, chocolate mint, basil (sweet and purple), thyme, rosemary, sage (regular and purple), garlic chives, tarragon, oregano and cilantro.
Anyway here are some pictures of how my garden is doing and my first harvest, cause why not.












1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Fun pics. I'm excited to see more!

    ReplyDelete