An Experiement in trying to simplify my life



Saturday, July 13, 2013

Fresh Pesto

I have sweet basil and purple basil growing in my herb garden. They were doing very well so I decided to harvest them and make pesto. First I had to find out the best way to prune basil. I have an awesome tutorial here. And now I have to prune them again because they are starting to flower. So after following the tutorial I found a great pesto recipe and went to work.Here is the recipe that I followed.


 So after I made my pesto I decided to make one of my favorite sandwiches. Sadly the image is minus the tomatoes because I took it the night before my allergy shot and I couldn't have tomatoes.


1/2 c pesto
4 oz fat free cream cheese
smoked sliced turkey
sliced provolone cheese
mutligrain chibata bread
lettuce 
tomatoes

Mix pesto and cream cheese together. Spread onto the bread. Top with turkey and provolone. Stick in a 250 degree oven until the cheese starts to melts. Add lettuce and tomatoes. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Remember the Portobello sandwich from the Renaissance Festival? :)

    ReplyDelete