An Experiement in trying to simplify my life



Thursday, December 10, 2015

Art Journal: Day 10 travel kit

I feel way to new to this art journaling thing to need a travel art kit. But I had to put one together tonight as I will be away from home for the next 5 days. Could I go 5 days without journaling, probably. Should I, probably not. Why? Because I am so new to it. I've been doing really good doing a page a night. I know if I take a break I will lose motivation. This cannot happen. So I put together a small kit.

My kit includes cheap watercolor, water brushes, a couple dry paint brushes, 6 different colors of distress ink pads, glue sticks, glue dots, 4 bottles of cheap acrylic paint (primary colors and green), foam wedges, scissors, small tin of cream chalks, and some printed quotes.

I used my newly created kit to make my page tonight. Well everything but the background. I spent a little time pre-prepping pages for the days I will be gone.

Materials used:
Homemade stencil
Homemade spray ink
Watercolors
Water brush
Quote
Glue stick

 I needed to have sprayed the ink a little heavier to really make the stencil pattern stand out. But I like the colors.

I painted the word "Try" and let it dry. I cut out the quote and glued it on. Then I just outlined the words in whatever color struck my fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment