An Experiement in trying to simplify my life



Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Journey into Art Jounaling: Day 2

Today I wanted to try oil pastel resist. It did not go as I wanted/hoped. But it seems to be the way my entire day went...so I did the best I could. The watered down acrylic paint turned out very nice.
Every year the company I work for puts on a "Festival of Trees" where community members and businesses donate trees and wreaths to be auctioned or raffled off. Some of the trees were pretty amazing this year. Anyway in top of the festival we also put on a health fair. It is not something I enjoy having to participate in.
That being said, today's page may look like a huge mess if stuff. But looking at it, it sums up my feelings for the day/night pretty well.

Materials used:
Oil Pastels in Orange and Green
Water
Paint brush
Anita's All Purpose Acrylic Craft Paint in Island Green, Golden Yellow and Fuchsia
Elmer's stick glue
Program from "Festival of Trees"
Sticky backed gems (leftovers from the craft project we did at the health fair)

 I drew circles in Orange and Green with the oil pastels.

I watered down a few drops of each color so it looked more like watercolor.
 I got a little crazy with my painting. I now know I need to use actual watercolor with the oil resist. Oh well. Still looks okay.
I tore out the bits I wanted to keep from the program. Glued it rather haphazardly to the page. The only care I took was to make sure nothing hung off the page. Then I slapped down a few sticky backed jewels.

Anyway I liked using the watered down acrylic paint. I enjoyed how it mixed to create other colors. I was a little surprised that it mixed rather than one covering the other beneath it.

No comments:

Post a Comment