An Experiement in trying to simplify my life



Thursday, December 17, 2015

Art Journal: Day 16 oil pastels and hot glue stencils

I spent most of my night playing with some new oil pastels. I worked on some blending techniques. I just purchased a cheap set of Crayola oil pastels. So nothing fancy going on here. But the set had lots of pretty colors.

Materials used:
Crayola oil pastels
Paper doily
Glue stick
Quote
Black sharpie


Started out by scribbling some primary colors across the page. Then I just used my fingers to blend them together and smooth them out.

There was a paper doily laying on the desk. Seeing as I really didn't have a plan for the page and nothing was springing to mind, I glued it down. Found a quote I thought would go well and glued that down too. I attempted to doodle a little on the sides but oil pastels and sharpies do not go together. Pretty sure I'll have to do something more to this page.

Hot Glue Stencils

I saw a tutorial somewhere, I wish I could remember where so I could give credit, a lady made stecils with her hot glue gun. I think she traced printed out patterns as well as doing some free hand stecils. I am not good enough to think that I could trace a pattern. But I thought I could pull off some free hand stuff. I just drew them out on my craft mat and once cool they popped right off. This is what I came up with.
















No comments:

Post a Comment