An Experiement in trying to simplify my life



Thursday, December 10, 2015

Art Journal: Day 9 gesso and diy stencils

Stencils are flipping expensive. But I want them all. I can't afford them, but I want them. So after an hour or so at hobby lobby I ended up buying some stencil blanks and a deep cut blade for my cricut explore. Pretty much I figured there'd be something on the cricut craft room I could turn into a stencil. I found several somethings as I skimmed through the images. I did create a simple page tonight, but mostly this evening was all about playing with the Stencils.

Materials used:
Show-offs 6"x18" stencil blanks
Cricut Explore
Cricut craft room
Distress Spray Stain in Black Soot
White Acrylic Gesso
Foam brush

*I used other things to show how the stencils turned out. The above list is for the page.


 Sprayed the whole page black and waited for it to dry.
 This is one of the stencils I cut on my cricut explore.
 Went over the stencial either the white gesso and waited for it to dry.
I spritzed the top with smooch vanilla been spray.  I like the way it turned out so much I can't bear the thought of changing it

Here are the other stencils I cut.







 







No comments:

Post a Comment