An Experiement in trying to simplify my life



Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Art Journal: Day 14 &15 texture paste

It's been a crazy few days. Very late nights, early mornings and a lot of driving. I'm super glad to be home.The end of my long crazy weekend was a trip down to Roswell, though that trip was techniquely for work. I had pre-prepped the backgound which was nice since I worked on my page in the car.

Day 14
Materials Used:
Brick stencil from dylusions
Homemade ink spray
Colored pencils
Red fine tip sharpie
Bottle caps
Hot glue

The ink spray was made using warm water and black liquid food coloring. 

 I do not draw well. I always say that I draw stick figures badly. But I think that my little alien turned out pretty good.
I hot glued the bottle caps on when I got home.

Day 15
Materials Used:
Stencil-Pixelated
Ranger Texture Paste
Various stencils
Homemade Ink Sprays
Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers
Black Sharpie

I really like this texture paste. It was so easy to use and it spread so nicely. I love how thick the texture came out. I just used an old Subway knife to spread it out.


I used several stecils, mostly homemade, and homemade ink sprays.



 I gently rubbed the distress ink over the texture paste to really make the pixels stand out.

 Finished it off with a quote from Marcus Aurelias.





No comments:

Post a Comment