An Experiement in trying to simplify my life



Thursday, December 3, 2015

Art Journal Journey: Day 3

Today was all about family for me. There was a bit of a crisis and so today my page is a prayer for all the names on that page. I thank my Father in Heaven for each member of my family. My folks who strive still to this day to care for my siblings, their spouses, myself and their grandchildren. I love my brothers and my sister. I love the women who were brave enough to marry those boys and the man who takes care of my sister. I have five incredible and beautiful nieces and two superhero worthy nephews. They are my children and I love them as such.
Now that I'm done being sappy and emotional I'll move on the my page. I actually did the background last night when I was working on that page. I didn't want to waste the paint.

Materials used:
Leftover watered down acrylic paint from yesterday
Old-school alphabet stencils
Distress Ink in Walnut Stain
Distress Ink embossing ink
Zing Embossing Powder in various colors
Splendor Rainbow embossing ink
Tiny rubber alphabet stamps
Heat gun
Piece of Styrofoam from a package
Foam make-up sponge

 I used the island green paint for the background and just dabbled the Styrofoam into the yellow and fuchsia. It blotted the page really well and I love how it turned out. The paint washed easily out of the Styrofoam so I can reuse it.

 I used the foam makeup sponges to dab the distress ink over the stencils. I know you can buy a blending tool and stuff, but I had the sponges laying around the house and it worked fabulously.

 I really like how the paint looks under the distress ink. Almost gives it a camo look.



I don't like how hard it is the read the names. But I knew if I used a bigger stamp there is no way all our names would fit on the page. Soon I will

No comments:

Post a Comment