An Experiement in trying to simplify my life



Friday, December 18, 2015

Art Journal: Day 17 & 18 oil padtel resist & paint scraping

I'm still trying out some background techniques, but it seems I'm ready to move on to other things in my art journaling. Specifically sketching. It's gonna take a whole lot of work, because honestly I draw stick figures badly. However the last two days I've done a couple of sketches I'm pretty proud of.

Materials used:
White oil pastel
Homemade spray ink
Pencil

So this was pretty straight forward. I drew my design and words in the white oil pastel. Then sprayed teal ink over it. When it was dry I practiced sketching eyes.

Materials used:
Acrylic paint in maroon, sky blue and metallic gold
Old gift card
Sketch of a rose on watercolor paper
Glue stick
White paint marker

 I dropped paint on the page and used the old gift card to scrape the paint across the page.
 I'm really proud of this rose. I sketched this while waiting at the dentist office.
I glued the rose in place and used a paint marker to write a little reminder for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment