An Experiement in trying to simplify my life



Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Art Journal: Day 8 Distress Crackle Paint

So not feeling artsy today. Probably because nothing worked out for me. But somewhere in all my research on arr journals I remember someone saying to purposely create a bad page. So seeing as my background was a fiasco I decided to create that bad page.

Materials used:
Distress Ink in Vintage Photo
Random bit of die cut and pressure embossed grunge board
Distress crackle paint in picket fence
Alcohol ink in gold and purple twilight
Alcohol ink blending solution
A quote that has been spiffied up that I got from a swap some time ago.
Pop up glue dots

 I watched this awesome tutorial on using distress ink in embossing folders. I thought I could use the below embossing folder as a stamp and not have to run it through my vagabond machine. It didn't work.  No stamping at all.
So I tried spraying a bit of water on it. It was a mess. I ended up spraying the page and wiping the ink pad across it.
 I found this bit of grunge board that had been die cut and embossed already. I used Adirondack alcohol ink to color the grunge board. After adhering the grunge board to my page I decided to paint crackle paint across it.
 So should have done the crackle paint before gluing down the grunge board.
Once the paint was dry I added the quote using the pop up glue dots.
I hope you can see the cracks in the paint. I have to admit I like the way the crackle paint and the distress mixed together. Very tree like. Well I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment