An Experiement in trying to simplify my life



Monday, December 7, 2015

Art Journal: Day 7 Cream Chalks

I probably have 7 chalk containers. I do not use them often, even though I think they are beautiful to use.
The background is all chalk, except the birds. Oh and that's my brother a few years ago with his two oldest kids.
So tonight I decided to break out the chalk. I have several dry chalks and a couple of cream chalks. I really like the dry chalk but it's very messy and not very bright as you can tell from the above picture. Cream chalks aren't nearly as messy and are much brighter, but you have to let them set a bit so they don't smear. Of course it could just be me. While my chalk set I made hard lotion bars and homemade chapstick. But I didn't take any pictures. Oh well on to tonight's adventure.

Materials used:
Pebbles Earth tone metallic cream chalk
Pebbles metallic cream chalk
Leftover contact paper from yesterday's flowers
Mod Podge
Newsprint vellum
Printed quote
Pebbles pearlescent dry chalk
Glue dots
Smooch vanilla spray
Distress Ink in tea dye and antique linen

 Don't mind the random watercolor drops. I placed the negatives from last night on the page and burnished them a bit to make sure they were good and stuck. I

 I spaces taking a picture of the page with just the flowers on it. But using the little alligator clips and pom pom balls that come in the tins I simply colored in the flowers with random colors.
 the printed vellum is actually the place mat they use at " The Fox and Hound". Years back I had them bring me a clean sheet simply because it looked cool. I've been hanging onto it all this time. I mod podged the page down after cutting it to size.


 I used the pearlescent chalk to color my quote.

I used distress ink to age the vellum. It was just way too black and white. I went over the whole page with antique linen and highlighted with tea dye.
I cut the quote apart and used glued dots to attach the words. You might not be able to tell but over the top of it all I sprayed a little Smooch vanilla spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment