An Experiement in trying to simplify my life



Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Art Journal Journey: Day 1

I created my first journal page. I don't k ow how I feel about the end result. The important part is that I tried and I finished. Actually I felt really good about the work I'd done until the last little bit. Which means it will probably get ripped off when I find something better. For now here is the end result.
Materials used:
Studio Gel Gloss
Prima Stencil - cracked
Brown watercolor
Splendor Rainbow embossing ink
Rubber stamp
Clear embossing powder
Black watercolor pencil
Washi tape
Ephemera


 I used my finger to spread around the gel gloss. Gently pulled up the stencil and used a heat gun to dry the gel.

Forgot to take a picture after the water color. After applying the watercolor I used the heat gun again to dry it. Then I applied the stamp and embossing powder. Used the heat gun to do the embossing. Used a black watercolor pencil to add the date.
I glued down the bit of vellum with a quite about creativity. I used the washi tape to secure a bit of ephemera I'd gotten from a swap some time ago. The purple card and washi tape is the part I don't like.

*Edit (12/2/2015) as I said I didn't like the purple card and washi tape. So I took it off. At work I had a piece of pearlized purple paper laying around my office and a maroon colored sharpie. It was a little rough today at work so I used the paper and sharpie to get out some aggravations. I felt a lot better afterwards.
Well the paper was way too big to go on the page and I wrote some pretty negative things on it. So I made it into a flower. I am way more pleased with the results.
I drew a flower on the back of my venting and cut it out.  You can barely see the words, but I like the subtle difference it makes on the paper. I am happy with this end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment