An Experiement in trying to simplify my life



Saturday, December 5, 2015

Art Journal: Day 5 Masking Tape amd Acrylic Paint

Tonight two of my nieces joined me as I worked on my art journal. They made cards while I made my page. They got pretty excited when I pulled out the paint.
Tonight I tried several different techniques. Masking tape, bubble wrap and dry brushing. I've done dry brushing before, but only on ceramics. I didn't complete my page. It still needs something.

Materials used:
Masking tape
Acrylic paint in green, red and silver
Bubble wrap
Paint brush
Glue dots
Pop-up foam squares
Distress Embossing Ink
Merry Christmas stamp
Zing silver glitter embossing powder
Green and red buttons
Sticky backed gem stone

 I tore random bits of tape and just slapped them on the page. I purposely left parts of the page showing.

 Audrey's card is on the top. Zoey's card is on the bottom.
 I covered the whole page in paint. I really Luke the texture in the tape.
 A square of bubble wrap and a little red paint. I really like the spot where the bubble had been popped. Might need to put a jewel there.
 I dry brushed a little silver paint over the top of everything. Dry brushing is taking a clean dry brush and putting a bit of paint on it. Then before applying to the project you wipe it back and forth over some paper towels. The result is a very light brush of color. I didn't get enough paint out of my brush. That is why there are streaks of silver as opposed to an overall sheen of silver.

The girls did a great job on their cards. Audrey's is blue and Zoey's is the purple/orange/yellow one.

Now I just have to hunt up something for the finish touch on my page and the girls cards. Wish me luck.

*Edit-
 I did put a gem stone where there was a missing bubble. Using glue dots and foam squares I attached red and green buttons.
I used distress embossing ink and some silver glitter embossing powder to add Merry Christmas to the page. Since it was the night of our ward Christmas party I think it worked out fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment